TennCare, which is one of the plans Cooperative Recovery accepts, is the state
Medicaid program of Tennessee. TennCare covers a variety of treatment options for
individuals with opioid use disorder including detoxification and medication-assisted
therapy at inpatient, residential, and outpatient levels for substance use disorder and
opioid use disorder. TennCare created an opioid strategy including activities to address
the epidemic of opioid addiction.
The strategy’s priority focus areas are as follows:
- Reducing the risk of TennCare members becoming newly dependent or addicted to opioids;
- Increasing patient engagement, early detection of dependence, and evidence based pain treatment for TennCare members chronically using opioids; and
- Supporting high-quality addiction and recovery treatment services for TennCare members who are dependent, misusing, or abusing opioids and other substances
Creating a top-notch network of treatment centers for members with substance use
disorders (SUD) and opioid use disorders (OUD) is a key part of TennCare’s opioid
strategy. TennCare concentrated on achieving four significant benchmarks to do this:
- Establishing a Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) program description and quality standards;
- Building access to and capacity for a high-quality provider network across the care spectrum;
- Increasing the coordination of care and clinical integration; and
- Identifying opportunities for value-based interventions within a high-quality OUD and SUD treatment network.
Recovery from opioids and other addictions are possible and available to you. Come
visit or call Cooperative Recovery for information on treatment options and other
available care options.